Best, worst of celebrity dental cosmetic treatment
London: The use of veneers, a cosmetic procedure for dental wellbeing, is on the rise with foreign celebrities like Cheryl Cole and Zac Efron leading the way.
While some have managed to create a sensation with the look, others haven`t hit the bull`s eye with the treatment which involves the use of a thin layer of material placed over a tooth, either to improve the aesthetics of a tooth or to protect a damage to a tooth`s surface.
If done well, the result is a beautiful natural white smile which can transform your face and appearance.
Sameer Patel, clinical director at clinic elleven Dental, offers his verdict on the best and the worst celebrity veneers:
* Cheryl Cole: Cheryl Cole has openly admitted to having veneers fitted. They look fantastic and have completely transformed the shape of her face, as well as giving her the perfect celebrity smile.
* Zac Efron: Looking at Efron’s teeth, he too has undergone cosmetic treatment. His veneers are very natural looking, fitting the size of his mouth perfectly - a great smile.
* Jessica Simpson: Jessica Simpson has gorgeous white teeth. By looking at her smile, one can tell that she may have had a few veneers fitted to really make her smile stand out, resulting in a gorgeous smile.
Who`s veneers are not?
* Rylan Clarke: Rylan has undergone a complete teeth transformation using veneers to create a bold smile. Looking at his smile, he has had a full mouth of veneers fitted and unfortunately the result, is very unnatural and over the top.
* Katie Price: Katie Price is another example of someone who has chosen veneers that are too white, making her smile look false and unnatural.
* Cher Lloyd: Cher Lloyd has had the full Hollywood smile makeover and again, this is an unnatural looking smile. The veneers look to be a little too large for her mouth; accentuating the fact that she has veneers and making her smile look unnatural.