Beyonce secures £30m Pepsi deal
London: Fans of Beyonce are likely to see much more of her after the R ‘n’ B queen signed a 30-million-pound deal to become the face of Pepsi.
Not only will she appear in adverts for the soft drink, but in a first for the company, her face will be featured on cans and bottles of the drink, a leading daily has reported.
While other well known figures, such as David Beckham and Jennifer Lopez, have been used in TV and magazine campaigns, it is the first time that a celebrity’s face will adorn the drink.
The limited edition cans will be released in March and sold worldwide, including the UK.
The promotion will kick start by Beyonce’s appearance in February during the half time show at the Super Bowl, the world’s most watched sports event with worldwide audience of over 500 million viewers.
Another part of the deal will see Pepsi investing millions in other projects favoured by the singer that have no connection to promoting the soft drink.
Announcing the deal, Beyonce said: “Pepsi embraces creativity and understands that artists evolve.”
“As a businesswoman, this allows me to work with a lifestyle brand with no compromise and without sacrificing my creativity,” she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss season 10: Salman Khan blasts Swami Om; Sahil Anand evicted!
- Check out these 10 essential fashion life hacks that everyone should know!
- Here's how Aamir Khan plans to surprise Kiran Rao on their 11th wedding anniversary!
- Shah Rukh Khan aka Miyan Bhai's dialoguebaazi from 'Raees' takes excitement up a notch!
- Alia Bhatt, Varun Dhawan to recreate 'Tamma Tamma' magic in 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania'!