Beyonce teams up for anti-hunger initiative
Los Angeles: Pop superstar Beyonce Knowles as well as her mother Tina and sister Solange Knowles, have lent help for an anti-hunger initiative in their Texas hometown.
The 31-year-old and her family have joined forces with the Miss A Meal fundraising campaign to ensure that less fortunate residents have enough food.
The initiative encourages supporters to miss a meal and donate the money they would have spent to the Bread Of Life organisation, founded 21 years ago by the pastor of St. John`s Downtown church in Houston, Texas, reports contactmusic.com.
"I was 13 and my sister Solange was eight when we started donating and serving meals to the homeless after church. There were people from all walks of life, even children, who needed a meal. We learned that we are all three pay cheques away from poverty. It was a lesson in humility for all of us," said Knowles.
Bread of Life workers serve 14,000 meals per month and distribute nine tons of fresh food and produce every week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- He has to forgive me someday: Arijit Singh on row with Salman Khan
- Panchmukhi Hanuman – Know significance and reasons to pray Him!
- Kapil Sharma invites you to unlimited fun with Mika Singh and Chris Gayle at 'The Kapil Sharma Show'!
- Not most fashionable but carry myself well: Fawad Khan
- Saif Ali Khan, Rani Mukerji's 'Hum Tum' ticks 12 years!