Bihar seeks Aamir Khan`s help to popularise generic medicines
Patna: Impressed by Aamir Khan`s advocacy of generic drugs, Bihar has sought the Bollywood star`s help to create awareness and popularise the medicines among the people in the state, a minister said Sunday.
"I have requested Aamir Khan to lead a campaign to help the Bihar government create awareness about generic drugs and popularise it," said Ashwani Kumar Choubey, the state`s Health Minister.
Choubey said the government would make official announcement about the campaign after receiving a confirmation from Aamir.
"We hope that sensitive actor Aamir Khan will accept our request to lead a campaign for popularising generic drugs in Bihar," Choubey said.
He feels Aamir`s association would help the government to reach common people and educate them about the importance and utility of cost-effective generic drugs.
The state government had decided to provide generic medicines in all the government hospitals and health centres, but the policy was yet to be implemented, said Chaubey.
He said, last year, the government ordered the supply of only a generic medicine to health centres for free distribution among patients.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi flirts with Bhojpuri actress Monalisa, inmates fail to perform laundry task
- Jaya Bachchan says filmmaking today is all about numbers
- Sidharth Malhotra in double action avatar for 'Bang Bang 2'?
- Ajay Devgn gears up for 'Shivaay', says each role is challenging
- Padmavati: Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone will be joined by THIS actress?
- Diwali 2016 checklist: Colours that can add glamour to your outfits!
- A little lie may make you a big liar
- Goa gears up for 'Tripurari Purnima' festivities—Know why it is celebrated!
- Diwali 2016: Spiritual healing tips to bring in prosperity, protection and abundance
- Diwali 2016: Cash, coupons most sought after gifts, says ASSOCHAM study