Bihar seeks Aamir Khan`s help to popularise generic medicines
Patna: Impressed by Aamir Khan`s advocacy of generic drugs, Bihar has sought the Bollywood star`s help to create awareness and popularise the medicines among the people in the state, a minister said Sunday.
"I have requested Aamir Khan to lead a campaign to help the Bihar government create awareness about generic drugs and popularise it," said Ashwani Kumar Choubey, the state`s Health Minister.
Choubey said the government would make official announcement about the campaign after receiving a confirmation from Aamir.
"We hope that sensitive actor Aamir Khan will accept our request to lead a campaign for popularising generic drugs in Bihar," Choubey said.
He feels Aamir`s association would help the government to reach common people and educate them about the importance and utility of cost-effective generic drugs.
The state government had decided to provide generic medicines in all the government hospitals and health centres, but the policy was yet to be implemented, said Chaubey.
He said, last year, the government ordered the supply of only a generic medicine to health centres for free distribution among patients.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Isla Fisher wants to play Prince in biopic
- You cannot take your eyes off 'sloth struck' Ranveer Singh lazing around!- See it to believe it
- Dance songs should not be called item numbers: Aditi Rao Hydari
- Arbaaz Khan speaks about his character in 'Tera Intezaar'- READ
- Kangana Ranaut looking forward to next project- Know all about it!
- Do's & Donts while worshipping a Shivling—A must read!
- Hilarious: 'Monsoon Song' aptly showcases all the things you feel about monsoons! - Watch
- Just the thought of marriage can make you kick your wild ways
- The legend of Nataraja form of Lord Shiva is inspiring, meaningful
- Five simple pocket-friendly tips to give your home a ‘natural’ makeover