Biopic on soccer legend Pele in the making
Los Angeles: A biopic on Brazilian soccer legend Pele is currently being developed.
Imagine Entertainment is developing a feature film revolving around the best footballer of all time, from his childhood to the time when he won his first World Cup at the age of 17, reported Ace Showbiz.
"This will be more of a coming-of-age story that will trace Pele`s childhood until he won his first World Cup in Sweden at the age of 17. The plan is to film the Pele movie in English with some Portuguese," said Kim Roth, Imagine President of Production.
Filmmaker duo Jeff and Michael Zimbalist have been roped to write the script and also direct the biopic.
The untitled Pele biopic is expected to begin shooting in Brazil in 2013. It is projected to be released prior to the World Cup. No actor has been approached to portray the soccer legend.
Pele himself, whose real name is Edison Arantes do Nascimento, has previously appeared in a number of feature films and TV series.
His latest big screen appearance was in 2004 when he starred in "Pele Forever", a documentary directed by Anibal Massaini Neto.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anushka Sharma mesmerised by Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s persona, not just her beauty
- 'Dad's Army' creator Jimmy Perry dies at 93
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil: Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma are filmy 'cutie pies' in NEW SONG!
- Kangana Ranaut will look like this in Hansal Mehta's 'Simran'?
- Kaabil new poster: Is that Hrithik Roshan?
- Diwali 2016 schedule: Festivals and significance
- Diwali 2016: Wondering what clothes to buy for kids? Check out the dos and don'ts
- Diwali 2016: Here’s how you can stay fit during festive season
- Here's how to get glowing skin this Diwali
- Parents' online posts about children may turn risky: reveals study