Bobby Brown turns himself in for his 55-day jail sentence
New York: Whitney Houston`s former husband Bobby Brown turned himself in to Los Angeles County jail officials on Wednesday to begin a 55-day sentence for driving under influence (DUI).
A source told the New York Daily News that it all happened without any incident, as he was quiet and just went in.
Los Angeles County sheriff`s spokesman Steve Whitmore said that Brown could get out in a matter of days and go on electronic monitoring, adding that it`s really tough to say exactly.
The 44-year-old singer was sentenced last month after he pleaded no contest to the driving under the influence charge with a restricted license, when police caught him last October.
Brown was on probation at the time for a similar DUI arrest last March when police pulled him over for talking on his cell phone and he was later found smelling of alcohol.
That time he took a no-jail plea deal in the case that included 3 years probation and an order that he would drive only vehicles that were equipped with alcohol-monitoring ignition interlock devices, which required a breath test before drivers could start the car engine
The authorities however revealed that the vehicle in the October arrest did not have such a device.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I have not taken a penny for 'Shivaay', says Ajay Devgn
- After 'ADHM', Shah Rukh Khan's 'Raees' and 'Dear Zindagi' get green signal from MNS
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' or 'Shivaay': Here's what 'Baahubali' director SS Rajamouli will be watching
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' controversy: No one needs to give proof of their patriotism, says Pahlaj Nihalani
- Parents' online posts about children may turn risky: reveals study