Boman Irani clarifies on Rs.425 crore QNet scam
Mumbai: Actor Boman Irani Wednesday denied that he and his son Danesh were involved in a Rs.425 crore scam allegedly led by a multi-level marketing firm QNet, saying he only attended a function organised by the company and that his son`s earnings during that period were taxed.
"My involvement with the company is merely based on the fact that I have attended a function of QNet and had been photographed there," Boman said in a statement.
Complainant Gurupreet Singh Anand, who had filed an FIR against the QNet last August alleging the involvement of Boman and his son, has now approached the Economic Offences Wing (EOW), of the Mumbai police.
In the complaint he has provided details of alleged links of Danesh, who had worked in the company, with the scheme.
According to reports, the Mumbai police is currently probing Danesh`s alleged role.
"My son had worked as an agent like thousands of others during 2007-2008, when he had passed out of college. After that he left for the US for his MBA," said Boman.
"His earnings and residuals for his hard earned efforts as a multi-level marketing agent are all taxed and above board," he added.
"Even though the individual has made this complaint, no authority, including the EOW, has intimated us about any inquiry. Rest assured, me and my family are law abiding citizens of the country," said Boman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shweta Tiwari, Abhinav Kohli welcome first bundle of joy
- Harshvardhan Kapoor as Bhavesh Joshi – prosthetics and lots more
- Akshay Kumar shares first look of ‘Jolly LL.B 2’ and its might impressive
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 725: Sarla reveals the truth behind Pragya's fake pregnancy
- No clash between 'Kaabil' and 'Raees': Hrithik Roshan's thriller drama preponed
- 7 ways in which you can make your Grandparents feel important!
- Feeling blues? Here are TOP 6 ways to sustain your long distance relationship
- Wedding special: 8 Bollywood songs to make your sangeet rocking!
- Sedentary time may hamper academic skills in boys
- Kanye West discharged from hospital one week after admission