Brad Pitt bans children from watching `12 Years...`
Los Angeles: Actor Brad Pitt says he will not let his children watch "12 Years A Slave", which he has co-produced.
The 50-year-old, who has six children - Maddox, 12, Pax, 10, Zahara, nine, Shiloh, seven, and Knox and Vivienne, five, however, may let his eldest son Maddox watch it.
Set in the 1900s "12 Years a Slave" is the story of Solomon Northup, a free black man from upstate New York, who is abducted and sold into slavery.
"Maybe my eldest I would, right now. I`d rather (wait) for the others to get a little bit older and understand the dynamics of the world a little more," Pitt said in a statement.
Talking about the depiction of issues like slavery and racial discrimination in the movie, he said: "It`s one of those few films that cuts to the base of our humanity, it`s why I got into film in the first place."
The movie will hit the Indian theaters Jan 31.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar to start Divya Khosla's next in September
- Arjun Kapoor to have double role in 'Mubaraka'
- Billboard 200 albums chart: Drake's 'Views' remains on top for 11th time
- 'Sultan' moment: Salman Khan, nephew Ahil clicked in wrestling mood
- Even Anushka Sharma failed to escape 'Pokemon Go' fever! Watch videos