Brad Pitt bans children from watching `12 Years...`
Los Angeles: Actor Brad Pitt says he will not let his children watch "12 Years A Slave", which he has co-produced.
The 50-year-old, who has six children - Maddox, 12, Pax, 10, Zahara, nine, Shiloh, seven, and Knox and Vivienne, five, however, may let his eldest son Maddox watch it.
Set in the 1900s "12 Years a Slave" is the story of Solomon Northup, a free black man from upstate New York, who is abducted and sold into slavery.
"Maybe my eldest I would, right now. I`d rather (wait) for the others to get a little bit older and understand the dynamics of the world a little more," Pitt said in a statement.
Talking about the depiction of issues like slavery and racial discrimination in the movie, he said: "It`s one of those few films that cuts to the base of our humanity, it`s why I got into film in the first place."
The movie will hit the Indian theaters Jan 31.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shah Rukh Khan, son AbRam's latest pictures will make you say 'Battery Nahi Bolne Ka'
- Rumoured girlfriend Iulia Vantur dances to Salman Khan's song in style! - Watch
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' declared tax-free in Madhya Pradesh
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival: Donald Trump is like a car salesman, says Man Booker Prize winner Paul Beatty
- Sushmita Sen to judge Miss Universe 2017 pageant, says 'life has come full circle'! Pic proof