Brad Pitt buys 2 million pounds Spitfire plane
London: Actor Brad Pitt has reportedly bought a 2 million pounds Spitfire plane and will take flying lessons at Boultbee Flying Academy in Oxford.
The 49-year-old star has developed a fascination with World War II since working on his latest movie `Fury` and has splashed out on one of the fighter aircraft which was commonly used by the Royal Air Force during the battle, which took place between 1939 and 1945, reported Contactmusic.
"Brad, who has done everything from sleep in the trenches to learn to drive a tank for the film, has now invested in one of the iconic machine," a source said.
Pitt will get lessons on how to fly the plane at Boultbee Flying Academy in Oxford where students are taught how to operate the Spitfire safely.
"We don`t comment on who we teach, but we have high-profile people. Buying Spitfires is very popular with wealthy individuals," said a Boultbee spokesman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lovemaking makes men more likely to feel divine: Study
- Film Festivals purest form of education for budding filmmakers: Arjun Kapoor
- Pakistan-born actor Marc Anwar apologises for racist rant about Indians
- Ronan Farrow pays tribute to brother Thaddeus
- Gulzar reveals Rajesh Khanna acted in 'Anand' at a nominal fee