London: A number of former British soldiers have joined forces with anarchists who are planning to wreak havoc on April 29 -- the day of Prince William and Kate Middleton`s royal wedding, a media report said.
`The Sunday Express` newspaper claims its investigation has revealed that at least 1,500 such radicals are plotting to rampage near Buckingham Palace and Westminster Abbey on April 29.
The newspaper claims to have spoken to a soldier who has become an anarchist who disguised himself as a builder during last weekend`s riots in London to scout out possible targets for the Royal Wedding.
He said: "I ended up at Trafalgar Square, inside a police kettle, a riot cop in my face. I`d asked the police line if any of them had been in the Army. He didn`t like it. He was obviously ex-Army. Then I listed a load of Army bases
in Bosnia where I`d served, TSG, Kupres, Vitez and the like."
Meanwhile, anti-establishment ringleader Chris Knight said as many as 40,000 could protest against the wedding.
"You can`t plan an orgy but that`s what we intend. The Royal wedding has always been a main target. We cannot have regime change without getting rid of the monarchy," he said.
He added: "We expect 30,000 to 40,000 to take part. The Met police commissioner is saying no expense will be spared. Extravagance on that scale is provocative and will make people angry, so angry they may want to throw things."
However, London Metropolitan Police Commander Bob Broadhurst insisted the wedding will be policed by a "ring of steel". Royalty protection officers will also carry Tasers as well as their standard firearms.