British women have on average more than 5hrs 30mins of leisure time every day
London: British women are way ahead when it comes to getting leisure time, as they have on average more than five-and-a-half hours downtime every day, researchers have found.
Girls spend over two hours watching TV and listening to the radio and the same amount of time socialising and on entertainment and sport, reportedly.
Fellas spend even more time having fun - six-and-a-half hours, on average. But women do spend two hours and 13 minutes on jobs such as cleaning, washing and shopping, while British men spend an hour and six minutes doing chores.
And while 52 minutes a day goes on childcare for women, the total is just 26 for men.
The study, by analysts at the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, put UK women second only to Norway in the leisure stakes.
Average daily leisure time for women globally was four hours and 42 minutes.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- We're going back to dark ages: Emraan Hashmi on film censorship
- Pooja Joshi of 'Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai' gets hitched to beau!
- Willow: where street food meets exotic taste in a cafe setting
- Aamir Khan has every right to be worried, says Aparna Sen
- 'Jai Gangaajal' is my way of protesting, says Prakash Jha