Bruce Jenner thanks fans for support
Los Angeles: Former American athlete Bruce Jenner, who is battling skin cancer, has thanked his fans for their support.
Jenner is suffering from a basal cell carcinoma, a type of skin cancer, and he is being treated for the disease.
"I was diagnosed with basal cell carcinoma and have undergone Mohs surgery (chemosurgery) to remove it. I have been struggling with this for several years and appreciate all of the support and prayers while I continue to fight the battle against skin cancer," eonline.com quoted him as saying.
Not only is he grateful to his supporters, but he has also urged them to get regular check-ups.
"This has taught me to be extra vigilant when out in the sun and I encourage others to get regular check-ups and always wear sunscreen," he added.
Jenner underwent surgery to remove cancerous growths from his face Sep 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Phillauri: Anushka Sharma aka Shashi's 'ghostly presence' in a big fat Punjabi shaadi is spooky yet hilarious!
- Is that Salman Khan doing kickass action in 'Tiger Zinda Hai'?
- ‘Baahubali 2’: Prabhas, Rana Daggubati starrer creates another record!
- Narayani Shastri talks about her 'secret' marriage to British beau Steven Graver
- Is Rajinikanth supporting BJP candidate? Here’s the truth