Bruce Springsteen inspired by Mandela`s forgiving nature
London: Bruce Springsteen began his first tour to South Africa with a rendition of the protest song ` Free Nelson Mandela.`
Springsteen never met Mandela, but in an interview told Sky News that he was inspired by Mandela`s ability to forgive those who jailed him for 27 years.
The 64-year-old singer was one of the musicians who fought against South Africa`s apartheid laws; he even participated in the recording the track `Sun City` in 1985 to highlight the injustice of the whites-only resort.
Steven Van Zandt , the instigator of the cultural boycott of South Africa and founder of Artists Against Apartheid, was alongside him on stage at Cape Town`s Belleville Velodrome.
The movement had raised awareness among Americans about the situation in South Africa as well as tens of thousands of US dollars for anti-apartheid projects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Popularity of ghazals increasing, says Rekha Bhardwaj
- Vidya Balan used to wear jhumkas worth Rs 5
- Trailer out! 'Sunshine Music Tours and Travels' is the road trip every youth needs – Watch here
- Honoured to help create an image for Indian Railways: Ritu Beri
- United Nation's Global Citizen Festival: Priyanka Chopra talks about humanity and youth- READ