Bruce Springsteen inspired by Mandela`s forgiving nature
London: Bruce Springsteen began his first tour to South Africa with a rendition of the protest song ` Free Nelson Mandela.`
Springsteen never met Mandela, but in an interview told Sky News that he was inspired by Mandela`s ability to forgive those who jailed him for 27 years.
The 64-year-old singer was one of the musicians who fought against South Africa`s apartheid laws; he even participated in the recording the track `Sun City` in 1985 to highlight the injustice of the whites-only resort.
Steven Van Zandt , the instigator of the cultural boycott of South Africa and founder of Artists Against Apartheid, was alongside him on stage at Cape Town`s Belleville Velodrome.
The movement had raised awareness among Americans about the situation in South Africa as well as tens of thousands of US dollars for anti-apartheid projects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil movie review: Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma starrer celebrates undying spirit of friendship
- Athiya Shetty shares her style mantra
- Shivaay movie review: Defies gravity and conviction
- Deepika Padukone breaks her silence on speculations about breakup with Ranveer Singh
- Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay' audience review: Here's what Twitterati have to say
- Dhanteras 2016: Happy Dhanatrayodashi WhatsApp messages, SMS for your friends and family
- Diwali 2016: Save time and renovate your homes online
- Diwali 2016: Plastic waste, glass bottles and paper scraps to light homes
- Diwali 2016: Unusual and quick snack ideas for parties
- Widows break taboo by celebrating Diwali inside temple