Bugs Bunny to make a 3D comeback
London: Bugs Bunny – the fun loving, slightly annoying and fast talking bunny rabbit from the 1940s is to make his 3D, CGI cinematic comeback.
According to The Independent, Warner Brothers are expected to develop the film - a mixture of live action and CGI - designed to revive the character for a contemporary audience.
David Berenbaum, who scripted the 2003 comedy, Elf, will be writing the film.
Bugs Bunny was last seen in Looney Tunes: Back In Action, a 2003 film featuring a host of classic animated characters.
Chuck Jones, who directed the Looney Tunes cartoons for Warner Brothers, is believed to have said that Bugs Bunny``s carrot-chomping, relaxed standing position was inspired by a scene from the film ‘It Happened One Night’, in which the actor Clark Gable leans against a fence eating carrots at a rapid rate and talking to his female co-star with his mouth full.
Bugs was among the most memorable characters to emerge in the golden age of American animation in the late 1930s and early 1940s, which continued until the 1980s when the Saturday morning cartoon slot began to lose its audience appeal.
There is concern that the re-branding of Bugs, like the more recent versions of The Smurfs and Alvin and the Chipmunks, might have become too family-friendly, and so there might be a risk of losing touch with what made Bugs Bunny so iconic to begin with – his sassy, topical and often subversive short films.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's how Ranbir Kapoor will be transformed to Sanjay Dutt for Rajkumar Hirani's biopic!
- Aditya Chopra to launch Raj Kapoor's grandson Aadar Jain
- Shweta Tiwari, Abhinav Kohli welcome first bundle of joy
- Harshvardhan Kapoor as Bhavesh Joshi – prosthetics and lots more
- Akshay Kumar shares first look of ‘Jolly LL.B 2’ and it is mighty impressive
- 7 ways in which you can make your Grandparents feel important!
- Feeling blues? Here are TOP 6 ways to sustain your long distance relationship
- Wedding special: 8 Bollywood songs to make your sangeet rocking!
- Sedentary time may hamper academic skills in boys
- Kanye West discharged from hospital one week after admission