Busy moms spend third of walking lives carrying out kids’ chores
London: Hardworking mothers devote almost a third of their walking lives running around their children carrying out chores for them, a new study has claimed.
According to a detailed study into the lives of 2,000 mothers commissioned by online shopping service ‘milk and more’, the researchers found that the lady of the house can expect to put in around 27,250 hours in their lifetime shopping, cooking and carrying out chores.
This would sum up to a staggering 1,135 days of their lives, which is solely devoted to bringing up children.
“Everyone knows that mums are the backbone of the family unit,” the Daily Mail quoted Andrew Kendall, spokesman for ‘milk and more’ as saying.
“But seeing just how long they spend running around after their families puts things in to perspective.
“If mums got some help with just the cooking, they would have nearly four additional hours a week to spend time having fun with their children.
“With most mums working as well it’s important that they have flexibility in their lives.
“Spending nearly half a year of your life just doing essential food shopping isn’t exactly fun,” he said.
The study also revealed that other time taking activities in a mother’s life were shopping, cooking, baking and preparing breakfasts and lunches and cleaning.
The top time taking activities were:
Food shopping – 4,155 hours 49 minutes
Cooking – 3,603 hours 36 minutes
Tidying – 2,620 hours 48 minutes
Washing – 2,442 hours 57 minutes
Washing up – 2,180 hours and 42 minutes
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- This emotional Instagram post by Arbaaz Khan talks about introspection
- Check out: Rani Mukerji’s first public appearance after baby Adira’s birth
- Adhyayan never said Kangana Ranaut practices black magic, says father Shekhar Suman
- 'Captain America: Civil War' movie review
- Five reasons why ‘Sairat’ starring Rinku Rajguru and Akash Thosar is a ‘must watch’
- Interesting! Which Greek goddess were you in past life?
- How ambitious are you? Your heel size will reveal
- This viral puzzle is making the internet go crazy! Can you solve this?
- Rio 2016 Olympic Games: This ad will make you hug your mom, thank her for all what she has done for you
- Mahabharata’s Bhima was married to a rakshasi – Do you know who she is