Canadian police to probe Pamela Anderson`s rape claims
Los Angeles: "Baywatch" actress Pamela Anderson`s horrifying rape and molestation claims are reportedly being investigated by Canadian police.
RadarOnline.com reports that Anderson talked about it at a fundraiser in Cannes by saying that she was raped several times as a child growing up in Vancouver, and now, The Times of London has reported that an investigator from the Royal Canadian Mounted Police was preparing to interview her about her claims.
In Canada, where Anderson was raised, there is no statute of limitations for rape so her alleged abusers could still face prosecution.
While launching a charitable foundation that will raise money for animal and environmental causes, Anderson, 46, opened up to the Cannes audience about her history of being sexually abused.
"I was molested from age six to 10 by my female babysitter," she sadly recalled, and added that when she was 12, a friend`s 25-year-old brother raped her. Also, as a teen, Anderson revealed, her first boyfriend "decided it would be funny to gang-rape me with six of his friends," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baywatch' trailer is out! Lifeguards Dwayne Johnson, Zac Efron save the beach, Priyanka Chopra turn heads
- Manu Punjabi to re-enter the 'Bigg Boss 10' house tonight?
- Aman Verma and Vandana Lalwani all set to tie the knot on THIS date!
- Anoushka Shankar urges Maharashtra government to help horses
- Kareena Kapoor Khan’s pregnancy: Know what mom-in-law Sharmila Tagore has to say