Carla talks of her role in politics
London: Former supermodel and now French first lady Carla Bruni-Sarkozy says she has a `very real role` in international politics.
Until now, the first lady has been only President Nicolas Sarkozy`s consort, who "dresses well and does charitable work, but otherwise keeps a low profile", the Daily Telegraph said.
The 43-year-old former supermodel now insists she can "take a stand on current affairs".
Bruni-Sarkozy has put out a new "First Lady" section on her official website, featuring pictures of her meeting statesmen, including British Prime Minister David Cameron.
"The First Lady plays an official role representing France. She accompanies the Head of State on a number of trips abroad and takes part in official events," the website reads.
"The First Lady`s presence can also be interpreted as a way of showing support or taking a stand on current affairs."
The Italian-born Bruni dropped out of an architecture course to become a model while still a teenager. She became Sarkozy`s third wife in 2008 after an affair of just 80 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ever wondered what you really are? Take quiz now!
- Watch: Mother puts her triplets and toddler to bed – Viral video
- Vasant Panchami: Pay tribute to Goddess Saraswati by singing this Aarti song
- What kind of spirit follows you – take a test to know
- How to extract maximum juice out of lemons – Quick tips