Cate Blanchett responds to Dylan`s sexual abuse claims against Allen
London: Actress Cate Blanchett, who starred in Woody Allen`s `Blue Jasmine`, indirectly responded to Dylan Farrow`s renewed allegation that her adoptive father sexually abused her when she was just seven-year-old.
Without directly responding to Farrow, Blanchett told the Guardian newspaper: "It`s obviously been a long and painful situation for the family. I hope they find some resolution and peace."
In a shocking open letter on February 1 in the New York Times, Dylan slammed Hollywood big names, including Blanchett and her `Blue Jasmine` costars Alec Baldwin and Louis CK for turning a blind eye to Allen`s alleged crimes.
"What if it had been your child, Cate Blanchett? Louis CK? Alec Baldwin? What if it had been you, Emma Stone? Or you, Scarlett Johansson? You knew me when I was a little girl, Diane Keaton. Have you forgotten me?," Dylan, now 28, wrote in her letter.
She also described the alleged 1993 incident from when she was 7, a claim persistently denied by Allen, 78.
Blanchett is nominated for the best actress Oscar for her role in `Blue Jasmine`.
Baldwin also addressed the via Twitter when he was asked by a follower that he owes an apology to Dylan.
"What the ... Is wrong w u that u think we all need to b commenting on this family`s personal struggle? (sic)," the actor wrote in his reply.
Allen, who was nominated by the Academy just last week for a best screenplay Oscar, called Dylan`s claims "untrue and disgraceful".
The controversy dates back to the bitter break-up that Allen had with Mia Farrow after she found out that he was having an affair with her and ex-husband Andre Previn`s adopted daughter Soon-Yi, now Allen`s wife.
A custody battle followed for their many adopted and one biological child in 1992. Farrow filed charges of molestation against Allen, saying he sexually abused Dylan but the case was later dropped.
Allen remains estranged with his biological son Ronan, who often takes pot shots at his famous father on Twitter.
Recently, Farrow raised doubts about Allen`s paternity claim on Ronan. When asked by the Vanity Fair whether her ex-husband Frank Sinatra was Ronan`s father, she said "possibly".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heart break alert! Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma no longer a 'couple'
- Ram Gopal Varma unveils controversial poster of first RGVtalkies short film 'Single X'
- Woho! Akshay Kumar to romance two leading ladies in next?
- Like a boss! Prince Narula is back in the game
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Valentine week: Top WhatsApp messages you can send on 'Chocolate Day'!
- Valentine week: Why 'chocolates' not diamonds are a girl's best friend!
- What is the colour of your aura – Your Zodiac sign will tell you
- Why Draupadi laughed at Bhishma as he lay wounded on deathbed
- Benefits of chanting ‘OM Namah Shivaya’