Celebrities who went the vegan way
Los Angeles: Stars like Alicia Silverstone and Brad Pitt have not only given up eating meat, but have also abstained themselves from animal and dairy products like milk and curd.
Here`s a list of some celebrities who have inculcated a healthy way of living and shown concern for environment by turning vegan, reports eonline.com:
- Beyonce and Jay Z: The couple recently announced they are going vegan for 22 days ahead of Christmas.
- Brad Pitt: Although the actor`s better half Angelina Jolie was vegan for a long time, she had to give up the lifestyle because she wasn`t getting the nutrients she required. Pitt, on the other hand, seems to be doing just fine.
- Russell Brand: Another vegetarian convert, the British comedian and actor announced his move to veganism via his Twitter page, saying: "I`m now vegan, goodbye eggs."
- Alicia Silverstone: The ‘Clueless’ actress even started her own website dedicated to the cause - thekindlife.com.
- Mike Tyson: On why he went vegan, the former boxer said: "I just threw up the white flag. Too many prison cells, jail, too many lawsuits, too many bankruptcies, too many women, too many venereal diseases, too many everything. I got tired."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ranveer Singh's act in 'Bajirao Mastani' stirred me: Hrithik Roshan
- Diljit Dosanjh is Ekta Kapoor's 'Super Singh'
- Good head of hair a real confidence booster: Priyanka Chopra
- Javed Akhtar turns 72, wife Shabana Azmi praises his 'magical persona'
- Shah Rukh Khan, Nawazuddin to promote 'Raees' in Dubai