Celine Dion blasts death hoaxers
London: Singer Celine Dion has blasted online users behind death hoaxes throughout her career and admitted theses rumours bother her ageing mother.
The `My Heart Will Go On` hitmaker said the cruel online pranks are the reason she does not want to be involved in the show business, reported Contactmusic.
"Many years ago I (apparently) killed myself in my own garage. Don`t ask me why I don`t want to be a part of the showbiz industry!," she said.
The 45-year-old star admitted she hates reading the rumours because of the effect it has on her family, including her 86-year-old mother.
"Sometimes it`s freaky because I have to call my family about it. I was celebrating the birthday of my twins in Montreal and I was getting these phone calls saying there was stuff on Facebook that I was dead.
"The thing that worries me is my mum. It makes me a little mad - she`s 86-year-old and if I`m not on the phone telling her I`m OK four seconds after it`s on the news ... It doesn`t matter what they say, it`s the impact it has on your family."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Viral Video: When Robert Downey Jr spoke like Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Reactions to Salman's tweets on Yakub were premature: Riteish Deshmukh
- Thankful to Zindagi for bringing countries closer: Adnan Siddiqui
- Kareena to be the showstopper at the Lakme Grand Finale
- Pixels movie review - Lacklustre and disappointing