Censor board CEO held in bribery case
New Delhi: Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) CEO Rakesh Kumar was arrested Monday in a bribery case, the CBI said.
Kumar was arrested Monday evening and will be presented in court Tuesday, a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) official said.
Last Thursday, the CBI had carried out a search at Kumar`s residence in Mumbai in connection with the case.
CBFC advisory panel member and an authorized agent for censor certification Shripati Mishra has already been arrested by the agency for allegedly demanding a bribe of Rs.70,000 for issuing a certificate to "Mor Dauki Ke Bihav", a regional film from Chhatisgarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 698: Tanu's friend exposes her real face in front of Abhi
- Shah Rukh Khan teaches Alia Bhatt how to live 'Dear Zindagi' on Facebook live chat!
- Why the Indian film fraternity obsessed with the Oscars, asks Manoj Kumar
- 'Daughters of Mother India' wins big at the CAM International Film Festival
- Tiger Shroff wishes 'Happy Diwali' in unique 'HappyFeet' dancing style!