Chandigarh da khyal rakhee: Father tells Kirron
Chandigarh: Kirron Kher is determined to bring positive changes to her hometown Chandigarh, from where she will contest the April 10 Lok Sabha election. She says her 101-year-old father gives her the motivation to take care of the city.
The veteran actress has filed her nomination papers as a candidate of the Bharatiya Janata Party, which she joined in 2009.
“All your problems, issues, concerns are mine now. It is my duty to get you your rights. I see things changing," she posted on Twitter Monday.
"My father always blesses me with, ‘Puttar apna khyal rakhee’. But now he says,’ Puttar! Chandigarh da khyal rakhee". I will not let you down,” she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ali Quli Mirza dedicates song to cancer-stricken kids
- Phillauri box office report: Anushka Sharma's 'ghostly' avatar mints Rs 19 cr so far!
- Bob Dylan to receive Nobel prize in Stockholm at weekend: Academy
- Rajinikanth fans to meet on April 2 for brainstorming meet
- Babumoshai Bandookbaaz teaser poster: Nawazuddin Siddiqui starrer has a rustic feel to it!