Charlie Chaplin’s hat and cane to fetch £40K at auction
London: Charlie Chaplin’s bowler hat and his cane, which he used onscreen, is expected to fetch 40,000 pounds at an auction.
The late English comic actor’s items, which are being sold by Bonhams in LA, is reportedly synonymous with his Little Tramp character in films such as ‘City Lights’ and ‘Modern Times’.
“There are other props like them in existence but we have no idea how many and suspect very few,” the Daily Star quoted Auction house memorabilia specialist Lucy Carr as saying.
The accessories are said to be directly linked to the Chaplin family and the cane is inscribed ‘CCLT 36’, with the letters standing for Charlie Chaplin Little Tramp.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- We have a great news for MS Dhoni fans in Jharkhand! - Details inside
- Here's how to make your studio apartment look bigger
- Watch: Diljit Dosanjh's 'Do You Know' is so addictive you will play it on loop
- After 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil', Ranbir Kapoor and Anushka Sharma to join forces once again?
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside