Charlie Sheen donates USD 50,000 to charity
Los Angeles: Actor Charlie Sheen has donated USD 50,000 to charity.
The `Anger Management` star, who is reportedly worth USD 125 million, gave the money to My Friend`s Place, which works with young homeless people in Hollywood, reported TMZ online.
The organization`s executive director, Heather Carmichael, sent the 48-year-old actor a thank-you note.
"On behalf of the homeless youth My Friend`s Place (MFP) serves, thank you for your generous gift of USD 50,000. Your support helps us provide life-changing services that nourish the body, inspire the mind and equip for a brighter future," it read.
Sheen has donated a lot of money to various organizations this year.
Last month, he gave USD 25,000 to the Philippines aid charity, PREDA Foundation.
The former `Two and a Half Men` star also wrote a cheque for USD 10,000 and gave it to Casey Jones, a crew member on his comedy series, who put up a poster on the set asking for donations for The Walk To End Epilepsy.
In January, the actor donated USD 12,000 to pay the funeral costs of a paparazzi photographer who died after being hit by a car while crossing a road to follow Justin Bieber`s car.
And the month before that, the wealthy star gave USD 75,000 to a little girl, who was battling an aggressive form of muscle tissue cancer known as Childhood Rhabdomyosarcoma.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss, Day 45: Kanwaljeet’s ‘racist’ comment irks Priya; inmates celebrate Rochelle’s birthday!
- Michael Caine named Britain's greatest living movie star
- Aamir's contribution towards cinema is immense: Gracy Singh
- Bigg Boss: Keith Sequeira makes a comeback
- 'Dilwale' inspires Shah Rukh Khan, makes him tweet about life!
- India made Aamir Khan’s 'PK' a blockbuster, that's tolerance: BJP MP
- Good news for food lovers in Mumbai: City to celebrate first Family Food Festival
- Dev Diwali, Karthigai Deepam: Know significance and legend
- Spirituality: Chant Dhanvantri Mantra for healing, good health
- Guru Nanak Jayanti: Here’s how it is celebrated