Charlie Sheen receives high school diploma
Los Angeles: `Anger Management` star Charlie Sheen has obtained his high school diploma.
The 48-year-old actor was just a few points short of being able to graduate with his classmates at Santa Monica High School in 1983, so his parents urged him to stay behind to earn the extra credits.
Sheen decided to embark on a Hollywood career instead, but says he has always wanted to complete what he started more than 30 years ago, reported TMZ online.
"It was a loose end that always bothered me. I just have this lifelong habit of never finishing things. The idea my parents had was for me go to summer school. My response was: `There`s school during the summer? That`s crazy!`
"I could think of nothing worse in my first summer of freedom after all that time. I told them, `Let me go on some auditions and if it doesn`t work out, I`ll go and get my Ged (a diploma equivalency test) and go to college.` But I got the first job I went on," Sheen said.
Now, the former `Two and A Half Men` star admits his certificate is one of his proudest achievements.
"I am going to get a spotlight, cordon the thing off. I think it should be put up somewhere, maybe in the kitchen. This, I think, is important to put up," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fawad Khan to romance Deepika Padukone in Ranveer Singh starrer 'Padmavati'?
- We’re not broken, just bent and we can learn to love again!
- Producer's Guild hold emergency meet after 'Dishoom' leak threat
- WhatsApp chat between Hrithik Roshan and his mother will give you fitness goals! View inside
- Elvis Presley almost choked himself to death with drugs