China bans 43 online pornographic novels
Beijing: In an anti-pornography move, China has banned 43 risque novels published online, Xinhua quoted a notice issued by the National Office against Pornographic and Illegal Publications as stating Tuesday.
The notice states that since October, the General Administration of Press and Publication has issued several orders to investigate a dozen online pornographic novels and the websites that host them.
The Beijing Cultural Law Enforcement Agency has punished 24 websites and demanded deletion of 209 links to illegal content. Eight of the sites were shut down for providing porn.
The notice also warns that it is getting tougher to detect pornographic websites as they`re becoming adept at concealing their content from regulators. Some move their servers to other provinces or abroad, while others find creative ways to disguise pornographic content, it stated.
Technological innovations have enabled publishers of erotic material to disseminate it through smart phones, tablet computers and e-books, according to the notice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- First look of 'Meeruthiya Gangsters' out
- Police file charge sheet against `Peepli-Live` co-director Mahmood Farooqui in rape case
- TV star Pearl V Puri wants to pay tribute to RD Burman
- Watch: John, Anil in `funny wedding` song from` Welcome Back`
- Anurag Kashyap's guidance was very helpful: Zeishan Quadri
- Jason Statham sells Hollywood home for $9.2 million
- Angelina Jolie wants son to take over charity
- 'Godmother' Taylor Swift meets Jaime King's newborn
- 'Narcissist Bill Cosby didn't realise I was gay,' slams original accuser
- Cara Delevigne, Piers Morgan slam dentist for killing famous South African lion