Christoph Waltz left shaken after gunfire episode
Washington: Christoph Waltz was left shaken after his television interview was interrupted by gunfire.
The ` Django Unchained` star was being interviewed for France`s Le Grand Journal at the Cannes Film Festival on Friday when gunshots were heard and he was quickly rushed to safety, Contactmusic reported.
He told a UK magazine that he was on a panel at the Studio Canal platform off the beach when a man produced a gun.
The actor thinks that the man fired from what looked like a pistol but luckily for him they were blanks.
The Oscar winner asserted that the man threatened that he had a grenade but he did not have one.
Waltz said that the police tackled the man to the ground, insisting that he didn`t know who he was or what his problem was.
The culprit was arrested at the scene and cops found that he was carrying a fake grenade and a knife.
A police source said that the man really appeared to be a crazy person.
No injuries were reported at the spot and the telecast resumed a few minutes later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anoushka Shankar urges Maharashtra government to help horses
- Kareena Kapoor Khan’s pregnancy: Know what mom-in-law Sharmila Tagore has to say
- Wedding season special: Tips to pick suitable footwear for different functions
- Deepika Padukone beats Priyanka Chopra to be named sexiest Asian woman!
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui will play THIS in his flick!