Christoph Waltz left shaken after gunfire episode
Washington: Christoph Waltz was left shaken after his television interview was interrupted by gunfire.
The ` Django Unchained` star was being interviewed for France`s Le Grand Journal at the Cannes Film Festival on Friday when gunshots were heard and he was quickly rushed to safety, Contactmusic reported.
He told a UK magazine that he was on a panel at the Studio Canal platform off the beach when a man produced a gun.
The actor thinks that the man fired from what looked like a pistol but luckily for him they were blanks.
The Oscar winner asserted that the man threatened that he had a grenade but he did not have one.
Waltz said that the police tackled the man to the ground, insisting that he didn`t know who he was or what his problem was.
The culprit was arrested at the scene and cops found that he was carrying a fake grenade and a knife.
A police source said that the man really appeared to be a crazy person.
No injuries were reported at the spot and the telecast resumed a few minutes later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India feels like home: Fawad Khan
- Ban on women's entry in some temples unfair: Vidya Balan
- Bollywood film 'Neerja' banned in Pakistan
- Salman hit and run case: Victim's family challenge Salman Khan's acquittal
- Fawad Khan, Sidharth Malhotra, Alia Bhatt's unmissable family drama in 'Kapoor & Sons' trailer – Watch
- How Mahishasura invited death by undermining woman power – Durga
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi
- Do you know the colour of your personality?—Take this quiz
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Teddy Day' with these cute gift options!
- 'Happy Birthday' set for public domain after long feud