Cinema is more organised now, says Sridevi
New Delhi: Sridevi, the reigning queen of the 1980s and 1990s who made a comeback with `English Vinglish` after 15 years, finds filmdom a lot more organised now.
"Cinema has changed for good. Every department has people and it has become well organised," said Sridevi, who is married to producer Boney Kapoor.
The 49-year-old has been part of blockbuster movies like ‘Chaalbaaz’ and ‘Mr.India’. She bid adieu to grease paint after the 1997 hit ‘Judai’.
She feels that the interaction between celebrities and media has also grown.
"Earlier, it was totally different because there were only a few magazines and you would just talk about the films if at all you were working in any at that time. The promotions have also become so lavish now," she said.
The actress is still in the process of reading scripts.
Sridevi says her daughters Jhanvi and Khushi show a lot of interest in her career.
"They discuss about my films, but they don`t discuss their careers in films. My elder daughter`s (Jhanvi`s) exams are going on and at the moment she is only studying. I don`t want to distract her or put something in her mind," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pranavananda Swami files complaint against Kamal Hassan over remarks on Mahabharata
- Jennifer Lopez goes on romantic date with Alex Rodriguez
- It's a talent how Shah Rukh, Salman handle stardom: Anushka Sharma
- 'Pad Man' to raise awareness about sanitary hygiene: Twinkle Khanna
- Amber Heard reveals coming out as bisexual was difficult