Civic body puts curbs on film shootings in Panaji
Panaji: Film shootings at public places of this capital city would be allowed only during the weekends and on public holidays, Mayor Surendra Furtado has said.
"Film shootings at public places would be allowed only on Saturdays/Sundays or during the public holidays," Furtado told reporters last evening.
He said the norm can be relaxed if shooting is in interior roads not used much by the public and that too for a short duration.
The Corporation of City of Panaji (CCP) has also decided to charge Rs 1 lakh per day for film shootings in the capital of Goa, which is one of the most preferred locations for filmmakers, especially those from Bollywood.
The Mayor`s announcement came in the backdrop of the June 25 incident where social activist Oscar Rebello was assaulted by crew members of a Bollywood film unit when he was crossing a road during a shoot here.
The film shooting was immediately cancelled by the civic authorities.
Furtado said coordination with the Traffic Police would be mandatory during film shoots.
Also, if any public property is damaged during filming, the entire money would be recovered from the person who applies for the licence of shooting, the Mayor said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India feels like home: Fawad Khan
- Ban on women's entry in some temples unfair: Vidya Balan
- Bollywood film 'Neerja' banned in Pakistan
- Salman hit and run case: Victim's family challenge Salman Khan's acquittal
- Fawad Khan, Sidharth Malhotra, Alia Bhatt's unmissable family drama in 'Kapoor & Sons' trailer – Watch
- How Mahishasura invited death by undermining woman power – Durga
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi
- Do you know the colour of your personality?—Take this quiz
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Teddy Day' with these cute gift options!
- 'Happy Birthday' set for public domain after long feud