Conrad Murray still blames MJ for star`s overdose death
New York: Dr Conrad Murray, who has been convicted of involuntary manslaughter in Michael Jackson’s death, has said that singer’s drug overdose demise wasn’t his fault.
He, however, insisted that he was sorry that he lost Jackson as a friend and a patient.
“I have lost a very dear friend and a dear person to me, and it’s going to remain with me for the rest of my life, but I’m not going to accept responsibility for anything I did not do,” the New York Daily News quoted him as telling the ‘Today’ show on Friday in a phone interview from his cell in California.
Murray, who has been has been sentenced to four years in prison, insisted that he tried to keep the King of Pop away from propofol — but the chart-topping singer kept his own stash of the medication.
He added that Michael might not have liked the approach that Murray took, but nonetheless the circumstances were to actually get him away from the drugs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India feels like home: Fawad Khan
- Ban on women's entry in some temples unfair: Vidya Balan
- Bollywood film 'Neerja' banned in Pakistan
- Salman hit and run case: Victim's family challenge Salman Khan's acquittal
- Fawad Khan, Sidharth Malhotra, Alia Bhatt's unmissable family drama in 'Kapoor & Sons' trailer – Watch
- How Mahishasura invited death by undermining woman power – Durga
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi
- Do you know the colour of your personality?—Take this quiz
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Teddy Day' with these cute gift options!
- 'Happy Birthday' set for public domain after long feud