Consensus reached between Kamal Haasan, Muslim groups over ‘Vishwaroopam’ release in TN
Chennai: Saturday evening brought some relief to veteran actor Kamal Haasan as the talks between him and the Muslim groups have proved to be fruitful for the release of his film ‘Vishwaroopam’ in the state of Tamil Nadu, as per reports. The meeting was mediated by Tamil Nadu Home Secretary and was focused on reaching a compromise over the film`s release.
The actor and the Muslim groups sat down earlier today to discuss the film’s content which they said could hurt sentiments of the community. As per reports, both the parties have reached an agreement and the movie will now be released in Tamil Nadu albeit with some cuts here and there.
During the five hour long meeting, Haasan accepted to cut down 7 portions of the film out of the 10 demanded by the Muslim groups. Besides that, certain scenes deemed objectionable by the Muslims parties will be muted by the makers of 'Vishwaroopam'. Finally,the Muslims groups have decided to call off their protests on the film's release.
The tripartite meeting was organised after Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa offered that her government would try to act as a peacemaker between the Muslim groups and Kamal Haasan.
‘Vishwaroopam’ was banned by Tamil Nadu government fearing law and order problems, as few Muslim groups have opposed the screening of the film. Muslim groups said that the film portrays Muslims as terrorists and insulted their holy book Quran. Mohammed Hanifa of the Federation of Tamil Nadu Muslims Social and Political Organisations had said earlier that they were ready for talks and had given it in writing to the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- HC seeks filmmaker's response on Kashmir documentary screening
- Bharatiya Kautilya Sena burns effigy of Salman Khan
- Black buck case: HC allows Salman Khan's plea to summon witnesses for reexamination
- Revealed: Ex-couple Ranbir- Deepika go candid in `Tamasha` first still
- Joe Jackson recovering after three heart attacks
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's autopsy showed 'no significant injuries'
- Meryl Streep, Kate Winslet oppose decriminalisation of prostitution
- Bobbi Kristina heard late mom Whitney Houston's music in her last moments
- Original Keventers refashions its milkshake menu
- Chef Izzat cooks mouth-watering dishes - without water!