Consensus reached between Kamal Haasan, Muslim groups over ‘Vishwaroopam’ release in TN
Chennai: Saturday evening brought some relief to veteran actor Kamal Haasan as the talks between him and the Muslim groups have proved to be fruitful for the release of his film ‘Vishwaroopam’ in the state of Tamil Nadu, as per reports. The meeting was mediated by Tamil Nadu Home Secretary and was focused on reaching a compromise over the film`s release.
The actor and the Muslim groups sat down earlier today to discuss the film’s content which they said could hurt sentiments of the community. As per reports, both the parties have reached an agreement and the movie will now be released in Tamil Nadu albeit with some cuts here and there.
During the five hour long meeting, Haasan accepted to cut down 7 portions of the film out of the 10 demanded by the Muslim groups. Besides that, certain scenes deemed objectionable by the Muslims parties will be muted by the makers of 'Vishwaroopam'. Finally,the Muslims groups have decided to call off their protests on the film's release.
The tripartite meeting was organised after Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa offered that her government would try to act as a peacemaker between the Muslim groups and Kamal Haasan.
‘Vishwaroopam’ was banned by Tamil Nadu government fearing law and order problems, as few Muslim groups have opposed the screening of the film. Muslim groups said that the film portrays Muslims as terrorists and insulted their holy book Quran. Mohammed Hanifa of the Federation of Tamil Nadu Muslims Social and Political Organisations had said earlier that they were ready for talks and had given it in writing to the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Michael Jackson`s Neverland on sale for $100 million
- Witch hunting to be subject of new Assamese film
- Alia Bhatt teams up with mother for new ad
- Sonakshi Sinha's singing performance at IIFA a 'dream come true'
- IBFW 2015 to start on July 15, go beyond metros
- Khloe ready to finalise divorce from Lamar Odom
- 'San Andreas' review: This temblor is worth watching
- Neelesh Misra to scrutinise Indian governance in 'Ramrajya'
- 'Socially appealing' show attracts Amol Palekar back to TV
- 28 years of 'Mr. India' and Anil Kapoor still looks the same
- Shoojit Sircar is terrific: Yami Gautam
- Sonu Nigam teams up with Sandesh Shandilya for 'Chalk n Duster'
- 'Entourage' soundtrack out in June
- Getting perfect pitch possible for some adult musicians
- Taylor Swift concert wristband save three teenagers' lives
- Jason Derulo unveils new album
- Happy Mondays making music with tribes
- Musical tribute to Noor Jehan, but with a twist
- Sonakshi Sinha to sing at IIFA
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- 'Lay Me Down' changed my life: Sam Smith
- Rap mogul 'Suge' Knight refuses to attend L.A. court hearing
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Heatwave toll in Andhra Pradesh reaches 1,490