Cops not going to prosecute Nigella Lawson over drug use
London: Police has said that Nigella Lawson will not be prosecuted for admitting she took cocaine.
Police has said that they had decided not to take further action against the 53-year-old, as they fear this could deter other witnesses from giving evidence in other cases, the Daily Express reported.
The Scotland Yard has said in a statement that there was "serious public interest concerns" about the message a prosecution would send to potential witnesses and victims in the future.
They said that they were also concerned that Lawson`s prosecution would prevent people from being candid with police and the court, and their decision is based on a number of factors, including the need for police action to be proportionate and whether further action would be in the public interest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan to debut as tiger ambassador on Tuesday
- Jenner-Kardashian women grace Cosmopolitan's cover
- 'Prem Ratan Dhan Payo' will be super duper hit: Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- 'Baahubali' director SS Rajamouli's ropes in Mohanlal for Rs 1,000 cr project 'Garuda'?
- See in pics: Varun Dhawan's 'Dilwale' diaries!