Coronation Street boss believes soap writers better than Shakespeare
London: A Coronation Street boss defended using William Shakespeare`s poetry in a trailer for `Corrie` and `Emmerdale` by saying that the Bard will be lucky to land a job on their soaps.
ITV soap creative director John Whiston said that they were `arrogant` enough to use the Bard`s sonnets in their ad, as both soaps are at their peak,` the Mirror reported.
In the ad, running since Friday, some of the best-known faces from the soaps read the lines from the sonnet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Spike Lee, Gena Rowlands, Debbie Reynolds to receive honorary Oscars
- Sharmila Tagore, Taapsee Pannu support Gaurang's pan-India themed show
- Women more flexible, adaptive in sexual identity than men
- Neeta Lulla considers National Awards 'milestone' of her career
- Susan Sarandon fights to save death row inmate's life