Cory Monteith`s dad remembers him on first death anniversary
Los Angeles: Joe Monteith, the father of `Glee` star Cory Monteith, has described his son as "a likeable young man" a year after his tragic and untimely death.
Cory, who was 31 at the time of his death, was best known for his role on `Glee` as Finn Hudson, suggest reports.
Joe described his son as "a likeable young man and if he was in the room, you`d be smiling."
Joe also stated that he was still shocked by his son`s cause of death as Cory "enjoyed life."
Cory`s body was discovered in a hotel room in Vancouver, Canada on July 13, 2013. His death was accidental and the result of a fatal mix of heroin and alcohol.
Cory had discussed his struggles with substance abuse and in March of 2013 had been admitted into a rehab facility.
Joe was also questioned about Cory`s former girlfriend and `Glee` co-star, Lea Michele.
Joe wished Michele all the best and said he does not expect her to be alone and grieving forever.
"Michele`s a beautiful young woman, she`s just getting to the top of her career and I don`t expect her to go out and do it alone. She should enjoy life. She had a good time when she was with Cory, from what I understand, but life`s got to go on," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- First look of 'Meeruthiya Gangsters' out
- Police file charge sheet against `Peepli-Live` co-director Mahmood Farooqui in rape case
- TV star Pearl V Puri wants to pay tribute to RD Burman
- Watch: John, Anil in `funny wedding` song from` Welcome Back`
- Anurag Kashyap's guidance was very helpful: Zeishan Quadri
- Jason Statham sells Hollywood home for $9.2 million
- Angelina Jolie wants son to take over charity
- 'Godmother' Taylor Swift meets Jaime King's newborn
- 'Narcissist Bill Cosby didn't realise I was gay,' slams original accuser
- Cara Delevigne, Piers Morgan slam dentist for killing famous South African lion