New York: Solar panels and temperature-regulating walls aren't the only ways to make your house more eco-friendly. Save the planet without burning a hole in your pocket.
Good To Be Home magazine shares ways to conserve energy, reports huffingtonpost.com:
* Clean with vinegar: It's a natural way to kill bacteria and germs.
* Use a microwave: Less energy is used by a microwave oven than a conventional one.
* Low energy appliances: Energy star qualified appliances use 10 to 50 percent less energy than standard models.
* Eco scents: Instead of chemicals and synthetic fragrances, opt for 100 percent essential oils and non-aerosol scents.
* Turn off tap: When brushing your teeth, don't forget to turn off the tap.
* Get a spider plant: Place in the bathroom to purify air.