Court urged to reject appeal of Michael Jackson`s manslaughter doctor
Washington: A state attorney has urged a court to reject the appeal of Michael Jackson`s doctor, who has been convicted of involuntary manslaughter of the pop legend because there were no serious errors made by the judge overseeing his criminal case.
Supervising Deputy Attorney General Victoria B. Wilson wrote in a response Monday to Conrad Murray`s appeal that the former cardiologist`s own lawyers forfeited several opportunities to object to a judge`s rulings in the case, Fox News reported.
Wilson`s filing also states that jurors were presented overwhelming evidence that Murray`s actions caused Jackson`s death and his conviction should be upheld.
Rulings cited by Murray`s attorneys as legal errors by Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor were not mistakes, but rather kept the jury focused on whether the physician was responsible for Jackson`s June 2009 death, Wilson wrote.
Murray remains jailed after being sentenced to four years behind bars for providing Jackson with the anesthetic propofol, which the singer overdosed on in his bedroom.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arjun Kapoor's early birthday celebrations on the sets of 'Half Girlfriend'! Pic inside
- Find out which day of the week is dedicated to which Lord!
- Govinda chose 'The Kapil Sharma show' over 'Comedy Nights Live'—Here's why?
- Want a better life? Practice these 5 habits – Watch video
- IIFA 2016: Salman Khan spilling hotness in brand new hair-cut and elegant suit! – Pic inside