‘Dallas’ star Larry Hagman’s memorial service to be invitation-only
London: ‘Dallas’ star Larry Hagman, who died on Friday of complications from cancer at age 81, will be remembered this week during private, invitation-only services in Dallas and Los Angeles.
Hagman’s personal manager John Castonia said on Monday that the memorial services will celebrate his life, the Daily Mail reported.
On Friday, Hagman’s spokesperson released a statement saying, “Larry was back in his beloved hometown of Dallas, re-enacting the iconic role he loved the most. Larry’s family and closest friends had joined him in Dallas for the Thanksgiving holiday.”
“He was surrounded by friends and family before he passed peacefully, ‘just as he’d wished for,” the statement read.
Years before ‘Dallas,’ Hagman had gained TV fame on ‘I Dream of Jeannie,’ in which he played an astronaut whose life is disrupted when he finds a comely genie, portrayed by Barbara Eden, and takes her home to live with him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- We have a great news for MS Dhoni fans in Jharkhand! - Details inside
- Here's how to make your studio apartment look bigger
- Watch: Diljit Dosanjh's 'Do You Know' is so addictive you will play it on loop
- After 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil', Ranbir Kapoor and Anushka Sharma to join forces once again?
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside