Dame Helen Mirren crowned top actress at Olivier Awards
London: Dame Helen Mirren was named the best actress at the Olivier Awards, for her stage role in ` The Audience.`
The play, by Peter Morgan and directed by Stephen Daldry, is based on the Queen`s conversations with her Prime Ministers.
The 67-year-old actress, who won an Oscar in 2007 for the title role in ` The Queen`, beat Billie Piper, Kristin Scott Thomas and Hattie Morahan for the award.
Mirren wore a glamorous black lace dress at the event.
In her acceptance speech, she paid tribute to the Queen who according to her had put in the "most consistent and committed performance of the 20th century and probably the 21st".
Meanwhile, Luke Treadaway won the best actor for his role in the play `The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-Time.`
Other celebs present at the event held in London`s Covent Garden were TV`s Myleene Klass, `Sex And The City` star Kim Cattrall and former newsreader Selina Scott.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Supreme Court directs actor Rajpal Yadav to undergo 6-day jail term
- The wedding trailer of Divyanka Tripathi-Vivek Dahiya is beautiful in all possible ways- WATCH magic taking over!
- Post her lip-kiss spree with Ranveer Singh in 'Befikre' THIS is what Vaani Kapoor has to say about kissing- READ
- Arjun Rampal cannot get enough of Sidharth Malhotra-Katrina Kaif's 'Kala Chashma'
- Mahesh Babu gears up for next with AR Murugadoss
- The legend of Nataraja form of Lord Shiva is inspiring, meaningful
- Five simple pocket-friendly tips to give your home a ‘natural’ makeover
- Emraan Hashmi's son Ayaan appears in video for tiger cause
- Single Indian women want to write their own marriage vows
- Single Indian women want to write their own wedding vows