Dame Helen Mirren crowned top actress at Olivier Awards
London: Dame Helen Mirren was named the best actress at the Olivier Awards, for her stage role in ` The Audience.`
The play, by Peter Morgan and directed by Stephen Daldry, is based on the Queen`s conversations with her Prime Ministers.
The 67-year-old actress, who won an Oscar in 2007 for the title role in ` The Queen`, beat Billie Piper, Kristin Scott Thomas and Hattie Morahan for the award.
Mirren wore a glamorous black lace dress at the event.
In her acceptance speech, she paid tribute to the Queen who according to her had put in the "most consistent and committed performance of the 20th century and probably the 21st".
Meanwhile, Luke Treadaway won the best actor for his role in the play `The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-Time.`
Other celebs present at the event held in London`s Covent Garden were TV`s Myleene Klass, `Sex And The City` star Kim Cattrall and former newsreader Selina Scott.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bill Murray receives Mark Twain prize
- Rock On 2 TRAILER OUT! Shraddha Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar and team strike the right chord
- Rangoon diaries: Kangana Ranaut REVEALS about her experience of changing clothes behind rocks!
- Ajay Devgn's BIGGEST fear is losing loved ones
- Anoushka Shankar coming to India for six city tour