Daniel Day-Lewis` kids thought he was a builder
Los Angeles: Actor Daniel Day-Lewis kept his work a secret from his children as they grew up and they were convinced he was a builder.
The 55-year-old is nominated in the best actor category for the 85th Academy Awards for his portrayal of US President Abraham Lincoln.
Day-Lewis even quit acting in the 1990s to become a cobbler, before returning to the big screen in the 2002 film ‘Gangs of New York’.
He says his acting career was such a mystery to his sons that his second child Ronan presumed he worked in construction.
"They didn`t even know what I was doing until a couple of years ago. In fact, my 14-year-old boy was asked what I did and he said, `I think he`s in construction`," dailymirror.co.uk quoted him as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ali Quli Mirza dedicates song to cancer-stricken kids
- Phillauri box office report: Anushka Sharma's 'ghostly' avatar mints Rs 19 cr so far!
- Bob Dylan to receive Nobel prize in Stockholm at weekend: Academy
- Rajinikanth fans to meet on April 2 for brainstorming meet
- Babumoshai Bandookbaaz teaser poster: Nawazuddin Siddiqui starrer has a rustic feel to it!