Danny Dyer to be part of `Eastenders`
London: Actor Danny Dyer, best known for his roles in `The Football Factory` and `The Business`, has been cast to play pub owner in `Eastenders`.
Dyer will play Mick Carter, brother to Shirley Carter, played by Linda Henry. Mick will be joined behind the bar by his wife Linda, played by actress Kellie Bright, reported BBC online.
"I am so excited about starting a new chapter in my career. I cannot wait to become part of the East End family," Dyer said.
`Eastenders` executive producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins, said, "I`m so excited to have actors of Danny and Kellie`s calibre joining what is an already strong and talented company of actors."
Dyer was in negotiations to join `Eastenders` in 2010 though got cold feet.
The actor`s character is the latest in a long-list of pub landlords including Den and Angie Watts, Frank Butler, Grant and Peggy Mitchell and Kat Moon. His first episodes will screen at Christmas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karan Johar takes his twins – Yash and Roohi – home
- Rajinikanth pens OPEN LETTER thanking Sri Lankan Tamils for support!
- Karan Johar's reaction on hearing Kangana Ranaut's name is EPIC!
- Beyhadh written update, March 28, 2017: Maya shocks Arjun with her pregnancy news!
- Katrina Kaif, Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt and others dazzle at Hello! Hall Of Fame awards—SEE PICS