Dave Franco learnt magic tricks for `Now You See Me`
New Delhi: Dave Franco, who is playing the role of a sleight of hand magician in ` Now You See Me`, got into a serious magic learning mode on the sets.
The actors of the film worked with a magic consultant, David Kwong, to learn the tricks of the trade.
Dave Franco said that he learned how to throw playing cards, and he got weirdly good at it, to the extent that he can actually cut a banana in half with a playing card now.
"I don`t know if that`s something to be proud of. But I spent hours on end, over a span of months, learning how to do that. And I will probably never use it again in my life until I have kids," he said.
Franco said that he wanted to learn as many of those tricks as he could because he wanted there to be as much real magic in the movie as possible.
"I didn`t want them to have to use CGI," he added.
The movie is set around four talented magicians, who mesmerize an international audience with a series of bold and original heists, all the while pursuing a hidden agenda that has the FBI and Interpol scrambling to anticipate their next move in.
The film, which also stars Jesse Eisenberg, Mark Ruffalo, Melanie Laurent, Woody Harrelson, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman , is set to hit Indian theatres on 7th June, 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Lipstick Under My Burkha’ row: Bollywood celebrities slam CBFC decision
- Guardians The Superheroes movie review: Russian replica of 'X-Men' series
- 'Anaarkali of Aaarah' will appeal to all sections: Swara Bhaskar
- Vishal Bharadwaj is very sensitive: Kangana Ranaut
- Worth taking all the risk: Deepika Padukone on 'xXx: Return of Xander Cage' success