David Beckham pulls out of Ramsay`s restaurant
London: Retired soccer icon David Beckham has reportedly backed out of opening a Mediterranean-themed eatery here with celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay.
The 38-year-old, who was believed to have invested in his 46-year-old chef friend`s restaurant which is opening Sep 16, has pulled out since both men had a different vision for the project, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
"They may be best friends, but they are also very astute businessmen and both wanted different things. Becks was ready to make an investment and had visited the site," Daily Mirror newspaper quoted a source as saying.
"But they both talked long and hard and have decided not to work together on this occasion," added the source.
The restaurant, Union Street Cafe, has already attracted keen diners. It received over 1,200 reservations within half-an-hour of the website launch and 2,500 reservations within four hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Five things you MUST do to save your marriage
- Eid special: Redefine your traditional style this festive season
- Attention Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol! Watch – Belly dancers give new twist to ‘Tujhe Dekha To Yeh Jana Sanam’
- Drake praises 'beautiful' Rihanna on stage
- I will produce Hollywood films in future: Vashu Bhagnani