David Hasselhoff backs campaign for Berlin Wall
Los Angeles: ‘Baywatch’ star David Hasselhoff has lent support to protect part of Germany`s historic Berlin Wall from demolition.
"Where do I sign? How can you tear down the wall that signifies freedom, perseverance and the sacrifice of human life," Hasselhoff posted on his Twitter page, reports contactmusic.com.
He sang on top of the structure in 1989, a year before East and West Germany were reunified and Berlin became a single, undivided city again. Most of the wall was torn down in 1990, but a large part of the barrier is still standing, and developers now want to demolish a section to make way for apartment buildings.
The plans have drawn criticism and protests, and Hasselhoff has now thrown his support behind a drive to keep the wall in place because of its historical significance.
A petition to protect the wall has so far gained more than 53,000 signatures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ravana, the demon king is worshipped in these Indian temples
- Meaning, Rashi and Nakshatra of 10 unique baby boy names inspired by Lord Ganesha
- 50 Cent apologises after mocking autistic airport janitor
- Spot the hidden Panda in picture! Click here
- Manoj Kumar receives Phalke Award, presents idol to President