New Delhi: English poet William Shakespeare, who passed away 400 year ago, still remains to be the world's greatest writer. His works were so brilliant that they have been translated in almost every single living-language.
Some of his plays have also been adapted by the Indian film industry and they continue to inspire generations.
In order to mark his 400th death anniversary today, we bring to you some of the best Shakespeare quotes that will definitely add some more meaning to your life. Check out:
- When Envy breeds unkind division: there comes the ruin, there begins confusion.
- Wise men ne’er sit and wail their loss but cheerily seek how to redress their harms.
- This above all; to thine own self be true, and it must follow as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man.
- This our life, exempt from public haunt, finds tongues in trees, books in the running brooks, sermons in stones, and good in everything.
- True hope is swift and flies with swallow’s wings. Kings it makes gods and meaner creatures kings.
- How poor are they that have not patience! What wound did ever heal but by degrees?
- Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.
- Give sorrow words; the grief that does not speak knits up the o-er wrought heart and bids it break.
- The purest treasure mortal times effort is spotless reputation - that away, men are but gilded loam or painted clay.
- Ignorance is the curse of God; knowledge is the wing wherewith we fly to heaven.
- Neither a borrower not a lender be; for loan oft loses both itself and friend, and borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.