Debbie Reynolds to be honoured by Screen Actors Guild
London: Veteran actress-singer Debbie Reynolds will receive the lifetime achievement award by the Screen Actors Guild.
The 82-year-old `Tammy and the Bachelor` star will be honoured at the Actors Guild ceremony on January 25 next year, reportedly.
The award is the highest honour bestowed by the Actors Guild and is given out each year to an individual who represents `the highest ideals of the acting profession`.
"She is a tremendously talented performer with a diverse body of screen and stage work.
"Her generous spirit and unforgettable performances have entertained audiences across the globe, moving us all from laughter to tears and back again," said Ken Howard, president of Screen Actors Guild.
Other figures who have received Actors Guild`s lifetime achievement honour over the years include Rita Moreno, Shirley Temple, Elizabeth Taylor and James Cagney.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Manoj Kumar receives Phalke Award, presents idol to President
- 63rd National Film Awards: Amitabh Bachchan, Kangana Ranaut receive top honours
- Jacqueline Fernandez keeps mystery alive on her relationship status
- Pakistani actors Adnan Siddiqui, Sajal Aly set to debut in Bollywood film!
- Few real women look like as shown in movies, says new survey!