Debbie Rowe testifies about Paris Jackson`s suicide attempt
Los Angeles: In an emotional testimony during the Michael Jackson`s wrongful death trial, Debbie Rowe said her daughter Paris, who is recovering after an attempted suicide, is yet to overcome her father`s death in 2009.
Jackson`s estate and mother Katherine Jackson are pitted again concert promoter AEG Live in the trial. She was called to testify by AEG Live`s attorneys, reported E! News.
"She tried to kill herself. She is devastated. She has no life. She doesn`t feel she has a life anymore," Rowe said.
Rowe, who is the biological mother of Prince Jackson also, testified that she had been in daily contact with her daughter until her hospitalization on June 5 following a reported overdose.
The former nurse said she had suggested to Jackson that they should have a child following his divorce from Lisa Marie Presley in 1996.
"I was trying to help him. I said, `What`s the thing that makes you the saddest?` He said, `I never had any children.`"
"I wanted him to be a father. I wanted him to have everything he didn`t have growing up. I wanted him to experience it with his own child, with his own children...I believe there are certain people who need to be parents, and I always thought he was one of them," Rowe said.
Katherine has sued AEG on behalf of Jackson`s three children and estate, alleging that the hiring of Dr Conrad Murray to oversee Michael`s health was a negligent decision that ultimately caused his death by acute propofol intoxication.
AEG, however, maintains that Murray was hired by Jackson.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Madhur Bhandarkar takes expert advice from Subramanian Swamy for film on emergency? View pics
- In Pics: Remember 'Hip Hip Hurray'? This is what its star-cast looks like now!
- Trailer out! Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma's 'Sultan' will leave you with goosebumps – Watch now
- 'Comedy Nights' needed a 'Bachao' from Akshay Kumar over racist jokes on Lisa Haydon? Details inside
- Being a mom tops my priority list, says Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Best of your sex life begins at 40!
- Paris Jackson gets tattoo in honour of father Michael Jackson
- This Shiva Temple in Pakistan dates back to the times of Mahabharata
- Ever heard of banana tea? Watch why it is great for your sleep!
- Hooked to selfies because you think you are attractive – here’s a reality check