Delhi International Film Festival 2013 to start Dec 21
New Delhi: The dates for the second edition of Delhi International Film Festival (DIFF) have been announced. The seven-day film extravaganza will start in the capital Dec 21 and, apart from films, it will also have a fashion show and talent hunt competition.
The first edition of the fest last year screened 174 films from around the world. Not only this, 100 paintings and sculptures were collected from all over India and were displayed at the venue along with the 50 poetries written by NRIs.
Awards will also be given in various competitive categories along with the Life Time Achievement Award and a special award called "Minare Dilli", which will be conferred upon an individual for his or her valuable contribution to cinema, theatre as well as art and culture.
Sharmila Tagore, Zohra Sehgal, Tigmanshu Dhulia, and Shiney Ahuja, among others, attended the first edition and this time too several eminent personalities from the film fraternity are expected to be there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Riteish Deshmukh fulfills Madhuri Dixit's wish on TV show
- Don't know what item songs mean: Zareen Khan
- Vidya Balan would love to be directed by brother-in-law
- Two legends, one pic! Amitabh Bachchan shares memorable moment with father Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Karan Johar is keen to watch THIS Bollywood release! Any guesses?