Demi Lovato slams Gaga for glamourising eating disorder
Los Angeles: Singer Demi Lovato has slammed Lady Gaga for "glamourising eating disorders" during her provocative performance at SXSW music festival.
Lovato, who has suffered with eating disorder, took to Twitter to criticise Gaga for glorifying bulimia.
"Sad... As if we didn`t have enough people glamourising eating disorders already. Bottom line, it`s not `cool` or `artsy` at all," the 21-year-old singer said.
Gag is seen sticking her finger down her throat and throwing up at one time during her concert but while Gaga`s fans may have found it another of singer`s attempt at pushing the envelop, Lovato and many other Twitter users have criticised the image.
"Would you let someone bring a needle and shoot up on you? Addiction is addiction. All I`m saying is, artists in pop culture have influence on people," she wrote.
Lovato has had her own demons to fight in the past. The singer entered rehab in 2010 to seek treatment for physical and emotional issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pranavananda Swami files complaint against Kamal Hassan over remarks on Mahabharata
- Jennifer Lopez goes on romantic date with Alex Rodriguez
- It's a talent how Shah Rukh, Salman handle stardom: Anushka Sharma
- 'Pad Man' to raise awareness about sanitary hygiene: Twinkle Khanna
- Amber Heard reveals coming out as bisexual was difficult