Dev Patel among the most influential global Indians
New Delhi: British actor Dev Patel has been listed as one of the most influential global Indians by men’s magazine GQ India along with Bobby Jindal and Salman Rushdie.
The list, introduced in the July issue of the magazine, also features British Indian novelist Salman Rushdie, singer Jay Sean, steel tycoon Lakshmi Mittal and Republican Governor of Louisana Bobby Jindal, among others. Total 50 names appear on the list.
The 23-year-old reportedly got the role of Jamal in Danny Boyle’s ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ partly because he is not “too good looking”. In spite of that the men’s magazine chose Patel as part of 50 most influential global Indians. He has been chosen for his contribution to cinema and TV, said a statement.
Patel has acted in British teen TV drama ‘Skins’ and ‘The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel’ movie.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Date issues keep away Katrina Kaif from doing film for Salman Khan
- Photo album: Bipasha Basu's mehendi ceremony was a starry affair!
- You can no longer bully Alia Bhatt - Here's why
- ‘Bride’ Bipasha Basu’s father blesses her in traditional Bengali style – See Pic
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Aditya Pancholi’s reaction on being asked about Adhyayan Suman is shocking
- Not getting visa? This Balaji temple can help you fly abroad
- Can you see the correct picture? Click to know
- Sensitive people more vulnerable to online dating scams
- This Rajasthan temple has over 20,000 rats – Click here to know more about it
- Powerful Santana Gopala Mantra for women who wish to conceive