Dev Patel among the most influential global Indians
New Delhi: British actor Dev Patel has been listed as one of the most influential global Indians by men’s magazine GQ India along with Bobby Jindal and Salman Rushdie.
The list, introduced in the July issue of the magazine, also features British Indian novelist Salman Rushdie, singer Jay Sean, steel tycoon Lakshmi Mittal and Republican Governor of Louisana Bobby Jindal, among others. Total 50 names appear on the list.
The 23-year-old reportedly got the role of Jamal in Danny Boyle’s ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ partly because he is not “too good looking”. In spite of that the men’s magazine chose Patel as part of 50 most influential global Indians. He has been chosen for his contribution to cinema and TV, said a statement.
Patel has acted in British teen TV drama ‘Skins’ and ‘The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel’ movie.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mirzya' story needed fresh faces: Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- Ranbir Kapoor's family posts sweet messages for him on his birthday
- Donald Trump was really rude: Miss Universe Alicia
- Tough streak takes leap! Sonakshi Sinha smashes in 'Force 2' poster- Check out
- Karan Johar showers Ranbir Kapoor with the best birthday wish!