Dia Mirza clears the air about pending bills
New Delhi: Actress Dia Mirza has spoken out against reports claiming she had not paid her water bills and says it happened because she was unaware they were pending bills.
The incident came to the actress` notice after it was reported in the newspapers.
"I am a law abiding citizen and the amount is not such that there can ever be a doubt I would try and avoid payment. The whole issue is a result of oversight, mis-communication and is unfortunate," said Dia, seen in films like ‘Rehnaa Hai Terre Dil Mein’, in a statement.
According to Dia`s lawyer Gautam Mehmood, she was unaware about the water supply line. Now that the matter has been brought to her notice, she will pay the dues within two days.
"The non-payment of dues to the Hyderabad Metropolitan Water Supply and Sewerage Board (HMWWSB) was due to oversight. The water connection was taken a long time ago and Ms. Mirza was not aware of the same," he said.
"There is no dispute regarding either the water connection or the dues thereof while it would be relevant to state Ms. Mirza was not aware of the water connection or the bills due regarding the same but as a responsible citizen she is doing the right thing and settling all the bills within the next 24 hours," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Isla Fisher wants to play Prince in biopic
- You cannot take your eyes off 'sloth struck' Ranveer Singh lazing around!- See it to believe it
- Dance songs should not be called item numbers: Aditi Rao Hydari
- Arbaaz Khan speaks about his character in 'Tera Intezaar'- READ
- Kangana Ranaut looking forward to next project- Know all about it!
- Do's & Donts while worshipping a Shivling—A must read!
- Hilarious: 'Monsoon Song' aptly showcases all the things you feel about monsoons! - Watch
- Just the thought of marriage can make you kick your wild ways
- The legend of Nataraja form of Lord Shiva is inspiring, meaningful
- Five simple pocket-friendly tips to give your home a ‘natural’ makeover